Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My friends house

My friend and I met about 3 or 4 years ago when I went to her estate sale. I suspected she was into antiques by the items she was selling. One day I had the courage to stop by her house and ask her a question about a piece of jewelry. OKay...I did want to see her antiques too...lol She invited me in and all I could say was WOW, WOW, WOW!!! There was eye candy all around me! As she showed me her beautiful home I couldn't help but be impressed by her knowledge of old pieces of furniture. These pieces of furniture have been lovingly taken care of and preserved for many years.
My friend has this beautiful oil painting in one of the bedrooms. I couldn't stop looking at the detail of the painting.




This cute little table to me looks like its standing on stiletto heels, very cute!



Ohhhhh, every time I see her secretary desk I drool, I have been on the hunt for one of these for a LONG time. I am hoping that I will find one on my next trip to Mt. Dora


When you see this buffet table you cant but help fall in love with it. Its so unusual to me, the detail is absolutely gorgeous


There are two sea monsters at each end of this buffet table, are you drooling yet?



Inside one of her many beautiful china cabinets she has these red and white dishes. I wish I would have taken a picture of the back so that you would know their maker. They are absolutely stunning. Wipe that drool....


This is a bright yellow upholstered chair that has the most beautiful carvings. I did take a picture of the whole chair but unfortunately it did not turn out.



A close up of the yellow chair carvings.



As you walk into my friends house you cant help but notice this HUGE frame hanging on her wall. This frame is at least 3 foot maybe 4 ft tall. You don't need a picture for it because the frame alone is a piece of art.


This pretty lady greets you when you walk into her home.



Here is another chair that caught my attention. It's a chair fit for a Queen don't you think? My friend is in the process of re-upholstering it. I can't wait to see the finished product.


This headboard adorns one of her bedrooms, its her French bedroom set that she's had for many years. I wish I would have taken a picture of the foot board dang it!


Check out the frame and its detail!


Grab your tissues and wipe that drool away because this is another bedroom set in her house, her family must feel XTRA, XTRA special when they sleep over at her house!


Yes this is the headboard....


My friend has been lovingly organizing her goodies so she has her plate sets sitting untop of her table. I of course spied this beautiful, I know I've used this word lots of times in this post but all her pieces are truly beautiful! Anyways....her beautiful flow blue plate set.
She opened up a tote and very carefully uncovered even MORE flow blue, as you can see she has the set well protected.


This beauty is one of many pretty pieces in her bedroom.



Lots more eye candy to see and drool over.


Can you believe that she found this Asian piece at a thrift store? I wish I would have taken a closer shot of the detail..its simply amazing!

When she turned on the lights to show me her chandelier it took my breath away! She is a truly amazing lady that is very independent and likes it that way. Remind me to tell you about the old claw foot tub.....

No comments: