Saturday, May 15, 2010

Shiney and Blue



Surprise!!! Was I ever when I polished the spoons that I bought today at Mt. Dora for $1.00 each...you see...the 7 gawdy looking spoons/Fork are Sterling Silver!!! YES...Sterling Silver...my jaw dropped when I looked through the loupe. And here I was going to cut them to make jewelry..hahaha.  I love awesome finds like these. The spoons are resting on a box full of crocheted place mats...9 all together for $5.00. The Blue & White plate and doorknobs were also a buck  and the cute hankies were also a steal for $2.00 each. I did find some cool jewelry but that's for another time. hahaha


How about you, did you find anything at the flea market today?

Hugs...Sylvia

P.S....I am linking up to Debbiedoos loves living in the Carolinas...check it out...pretty cool blog with lots of great and colorful ideas.
I hope it's ok if I add this old post to Linda's Nifty Thrifty Tuesday...beings it the last week of school I did not have time to add new pics.
Enjoy...


18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures look so pretty. What a surprise with that silver! Yep, wayyyy too pretty to cut up. i think every day next week will have to be a craft day.

Olga Poltava said...

What a surprise indeed. Lucky you :-)

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Talk about hidden treasure!!!!

Awesome finds!!

xxoo

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Wow! I bet your jaw dropped!! Nice buy! I didn't do any yard sale-ing today, although there were lots going on. It was a perfect day for one too.
Good job on the flatware! Thanks for stopping by and following. I'll be following you too. :)

-heather

Debbiedoos said...

Ok you topped my finds today that is for sure!~ I was out all morning thrifting and yard salen...I spent a whopping 9.00. I did find some fun stuff though, and look forward to sharing soon. That silverware is just beautiful, what a score! Thanks so much for participating in my first linky party. I look forward to seeing you again. Debbie

Debby said...

Looks like it was a great day! Awesome goodies.
Debby

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Wow you hit the jackpot with those.

FILIGREE MOON said...

Sylvia, what a fabulous trove of treasure you have found! ~ Angela

Unknown said...

Man oh man! I don't ever get lucky like that. I haven't been to Mount Dora in a long time. Did you go into town or to Renningers?

Sylvia said...

Fitzcharmin....we, my friends and I went to Rennigers.

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Congrats on the sterling silver! What a wonderful surprise to your great deals! I love the crystal knobs too. Thanks for your comments on my finds also!

cheeky rose said...

You certainly bagged yourself some amazing treasures there.

Marigene said...

What a wonderful surprise to find the sterling for that price mixed in with the other gorgeous pieces! Look at those cute little hankies.

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Okay, I am officially amazed at the great stuff you've found. I think I need to follow you around next time you go shopping! Love your style.

All That Glitters said...

girl you got a deal!!! Love the knobs too!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Luv the hankies...awesome deal!

Blessings,
Linda

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

You really scored on the sterling silver - that's probably worth $30 apiece! Also, love the doorknobs -they will make a great collection. Is that a flo-blue plate - that's sooooo collectible! Linda

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

One more thing....about the dining room chair with the flowers on it....I have two of them - identical but discovered in completely different places. Would love to have a dining room set of 8. Linda