Saturday, August 22, 2009

Day at the Beach

My dh and I had the afternoon to ourselves yesterday so we spent the afternoon walking along the beach at Cherry Downs in Cocoa Beach. The weather was beautiful, the water warm and hardly anyone there. We walked to the pier and came across some pretty amazing things.

The water was a pretty greenish/turquoise color. The waves were a lot bigger than normal. I think that is due to Hurrican Bill further east from us.

The tide was out, the water was warm and wonderful.
close up shot of an incoming wave.


The pier at Jetty Park.



This pretty black bird was posing for us.
I don't ever remember seeing this on the rocks. It looks like an anthill but if you look closer its a bunch of tiny little sea shells.

They are all along the pier.

a closer look of the barnacles?
Even a closer shot...see all the minute sea shells?

What a perfect day to spend with my loved one.














1 comment:

lynn'sgarden said...

Hi Sylvia, thanks for visiting my blog ;) Ah...I miss the beaches of Ft. Myers...(lived there for 3 yrs. after high school). Your first beach pic is so pretty with all the shades of blue on the horizon. Looking forward to getting to know you ;)