Friday, September 25, 2009

Guess what time it is...yeppers...its Flaunt Your Flowers Fertilizer Friday hosted by Tootsie and her pretty blog. Tootsie's garden is to die for..while mine is....is.....hmmmmm....overtaken by humidity, weeds, mosquito's and fire ants. Although I must say that our weather seems a bit cooler now so its not so bad wearing the army boots while gardening...teehee
I was so happy to get home today after two looong weeks of volunteering at my kids school. I was planning to come home and take a quick nap to get rid of the nasty headache I had all morning. As my feet dragged to the front door, I saw that my order from Santa Rosa Garden was here!!!!! This order was placed weeks ago. I ordered a black cordyline, white agapanthus and a Hawaiian Ti plant. The headache and nap was forgotten, headed outside and took care of business.

I am so glad that I did not pull this dead looking branch off my mini orchid because it surprised me with a pretty little yellow flower.


I almost missed my rope hoya in bloom, its tucked away in the back by the oak tree, sitting on a ladder outside and doing very well.


This is a dischidia ruscifolia in bloom, a very hardy plant that hangs outside all year long. The flowers are so teeny tiny.



The colors of this ti plant are so pretty.

This I believe is H. lacunosa with heart shaped dimpled leaves. Some what different from my other one. She is under an oak tree and gets afternoon sun.


I love it when my costus speciosis is in bloom, the flowers are so paper thin and the plant is so tall that its always swaying in the breeze. They say its fragrant but I haven't checked YET.


Ohhhh myyyyy, I sure wish my blog had a scent button because I would like for you to smell this Aloysia Virgata. It smells sooo goood. I have waited patiently for this plant to bloom and the wait was worth it.

Have a great weekend.


No comments: