Sunday, January 10, 2010

Gypsy Fish ~ Gypsy Brocante

Silver Sunday Numero 2....I gathered some of my favorite silver and headed outside to take pictures. I got as far as the back door and quickly took a picture. All of my goodies are flea market finds, I love the way the S&P shakers feel, sort of like a soft cloth??? The cute little brush was one of those finds that you spy on the vendors table and you non-chalantly ask for a price. During this time you look closely at the brush and realize that its SS...when you hear that low price you qickly pay for it and stash it in your bag hoping they won't tackle you down asking for more $$. hahaha. The silver necklace is a locket, I found this lovely piece at the Capital Flea Market in San Jose, CA (all time fav. flea market), I did pay $25.00 for it but so worth it. I love the detail of that lovely maiden reaching out to touch the birds. The inside holds a wedding picture of my hubby and I since it was the first year we were married...21 years ago this June....Ok...I am off to see more silver goodies at Gypsy Fish.  Want to come along?
Have a nice warm lazy Sunday....

P.S.   Friends are you interested in FREE tutorials, great ideas with Silver trays, amazing instructions PLUS a silver GIVEAWAY?......IF SO...you HAVE got to visit Jill at Gypsy Brocante for her Silver Post...you will see what I mean...and don't forget to see her etsy shops...full of eye candy treats.

21 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Sylvia, just beautiful! Oh the locket and the little brush. Love them! Have a wonderful SS!
hugs,
Debra

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Syliva, what beautiful flea market finds!!!

Too funny about the trays. I saw a tutorial on it over on another blog back in September I think it was and instantly pulled out a tray I had in my china cabinet. I never use it and now I do!

Easy peasy!

((Hugs))

Vintage Blue Studio said...

That locket is gorgeous. Nice find!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Love your picture of the silver goodies. Especially love the S& P.

Sherrie said...

Doesn't your heart pound a little faster, while you are trying to stay calm, in asking the price of something that you know you have to have, regardless of the price, but hoping for it to be a steal. thanks for sharing.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Soooo PRETTY...LOVE the little brush! Hope you have an AWESOME SUNDAY...and try to stay WARM in this COLD COLD weather!

Blessings,
Linda

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Beautiful flea market finds, Sylvia! Isn't the hunt always exciting?

Happy Silver Sunday!

Hugs,
Julia

Anonymous said...

Hi Sylvia,
What a great post. Your silver treasures are amazing!! I know what you mean about seeing something at a flea market and realizing how cheap the price is when it is worth so much more. That is the best feeling! Have a great week!
Sincerely,
Melinda

The Lazy Peacock said...

beautiful pieces! i love that stunning locket, i would have paid $25 for it too, in fact, i think you got quite a deal!!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Such great silver pieces. I love the salt and pepper shakers! Nice! The locket is so pretty I think it was more then worth the price and the little brush is very sweet. Ah, silver it has a special feel to it.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I love all your gorgeous flea market silver treasures!! The locket is so pretty and I think it's neat that you have you and your hubby's photo inside.
Thanks for visiting my blog and making such a nice comment.
Happy Silver Sunday.

Sissie

Gypsy Fish said...

These are just sumptuous! Thanks for playing today....see you next Sunday...
{{gypsy hugs}}
Beth

Lyneen said...

How lucky... Wonderful flea market finds... Have a lovely Silver Sunday.

Charlene said...

It is WAY too cold to take photos outside here!!! But, I love yours. That brush indeed is a beauty! Have a great week. Charlene

Lady Pamela said...

Happy Silver Sunday! I looked back at last weeks post. I loved your silver charm bracelets. I think you may have started a new collection for me!

Rust: Vintage Inspired Design said...

Love your silvers. Happy day!
xojanis

melanie said...

what a fun blog you have...thanks for stopping by mine, I just got my Silver Sunday up...been a busy week at the store. You asked for my email address...it is ccmcsmileasap@msn.com
thanks again...and I do really love your blog... I will be back!

Anne Lorys said...

Wow, you've got some really lovely silver, girl!

LOL, I had to laugh about how you described acting all nonchalant about something, hoping that the dealer will give you a good price. That is SO me! ;-)

Have a great week,
Anne

Lisa said...

Sylvia,

I love your precious 'trinket's', especially all of the silver finds. I like to look at everybody's Silver Sunday, my stuff is too pitiful to show. I take shabby to a new level. Lisa

Anonymous said...

Love your flea market finds. Isn't it exciting that you never know what you're going to bring home this time?
My husband and I married in October 1988. See you next Sunday.

Diane and Kelly said...

Hi Sylvia,

Love the silver treasures but that pink crochet flower sure caught my eye! Adorable!

Kelly
Second Hand Chicks