Saturday, April 24, 2010

Boysenberry Saturday

Have you ever eaten boysenberries? I remember eating them when I was a child living in Texas...we used to call them "moras" in Spanish. And as I was washing the berries, my mind drifted back to my childhood, the carefree days when Texas weather was nothing to a child running around barefoot eating berries from the tree.    I googled a very simple boysenberry recipe to make jam and boysenberry banana muffins. YES...I did spend most of my Saturday in the kitchen, canning and baking and singing to ABBA's Super Trouper song...love that CD   The jam was easy to make but it took forever to jell up. AND it needs hours to set...so my boys are patiently waiting. As for the muffins...they turned out pretty good considering I am not a big banana muffin fan, made them for my hubby. The recipe looks simple enough but the dry ingredients need to be sifted, then you need to alternate by adding the dry ingredients in 3 additions and banana mixture in 2 additions to the egg mixture...yea...that's what I thought too....way too many steps!!! The muffins won't last by Monday but that's OK since I have more berries in the freezer.
Since I had so much berry juice left over my dear hubby came up with the idea of making boysenberry wine...he added sugar and yeast...so we  HE will see how it tastes after 1 month...hahahah...OHHH...Don't forget about my giveaway ending at the end of the month. All you need to do is leave me a comment, become a follower and you will be in the drawing....good luck.


I am off to clean my nails..they are all purple..hahaha

Have a great weekend,
Sylvia



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do I get to taste any?