Saturday, February 11, 2012

Sirena the dressform with some furniture


Meet Sirena...
She's decided to link up to

Sirena does not have time for baking Valentine cookies
but she has put on her best
Valentine apron and pearls especially
for this party!

Since the big sewing machine in my Antique Emporium
room sold I have more space for small
furniture wares.

Sirena and I took a drive to my local craft store
for some Gray Gesso. I have
to say that I really like working
with it!


A Pier 1 shelf that's been
hanging around here gets a makeover.
Paint away Sirena!!!


She used Gray Gesso that Rosemary from Villabarnes
always talks about. Two coats of gray
was applied, lightly sanded then some ASCW was used!
Good job Sirena!!


I've been really lucky in finding vintage mirrors lately!

Sirena gave this mirror a good cleaning
with Murphy's Oil soap first..
then used the gray gesso and
some ASCP old white to soften
the gray color.



Muy bien Sirena!!!

Sorry I don't have a before picture
of the wooden frame but it too
turned out real pretty!


Love that ASCP!!!


Not only does Sirena work outdoors
but she's pretty crafty indoors too!


Denise from The Rusty Gate shared
a paint sample when she was last here...
so Sirena and I drove over to Lowe's
to have them match the color!

While Sirena was painting she got
a loose screw and wanted to drop everything
and head off to the beach!

No, no Sirena...we must finish
what we started!!


Sirena did a fine job don't ya think?

Have a great weekend!!
(whewwww...the staging part can be a real pain..hahaha)

Sylvia

4 comments:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Sylvia, I am soo glad you came to the Dress form ball!! I just went in to relink you and I see you did it, so I took the old one off. I love the gesso treatment I just tried it last week and posted about it! Great look! Ok now let your dress form go to the party she has worked hard enough! LOL

Carol

Our Hopeful Home said...

Love your dress form! The apron and pearls really make the outfit! I still have to try me some gesso......

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Love your dress form all decked out in her apron and pearls!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Terri said...

Cool post! Great photos of your dress form and furniture. She works in style with an apron and pearls and paint brushes in her pocket. I agree she had worked hard enough now go have some fun at the ball!