Monday, March 12, 2012

Mod Podge and Thrift Finds

My errands took me to a part of town
I don't normally frequent.
And since I was already there
why not stop at the thrift stores.

A poodle cookie jar was a great find!

Love her expression...haha


I don't normally come across Diego Rivera
prints but when I do they come home with me.
This will be added to my collection.

 
I had a heck of time carrying this cement (?)
wall pocket...

 
It will be painted with white
and gray gesso...

 
Another heavy cement piece...
Gesso for sure!!!

From this...

To This...

I used ASCP Old White along with
white and dark wax.

 
Then I Mod Podged a
vintage FL map and FL postcards
on the top.

I went ahead and ordered a piece
of glass to protect the top.
It should be at The Emporium by
tomorrow afternoon!

Linking up to:

Life is Good...
Sylvia

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love what you did to that table! Vintage maps are one of my favorite finds, what a great way to use them..
Always stop at a thift when you are out of your area is my rule!!!
Great finds!

Our Hopeful Home said...

Love the poodle! And the table, maps are one of my recent obsessions. I have a Pinterest page just for maps!

Kathleen

Ruffles n Raspberries said...

Your table turned out so cool! Great job!
Sherri

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh, that poodle jar was fabulous! I can see gesso on your new cement pieces!

Carol

Cindy The Victorian Journey said...

Enjoyed going thru your blog. I love the birdbath the mosaic on it is beautiful. Stop by my blog when you get a chance I am new to the blog world and just started crafting.. It's in my sole but a bit of a late bloomer. Would love to hear from you.

Cindy