Sunday, March 21, 2010

Flea market....

It turned out to be a beautiful but tiring day at Rennigers yesterday. The day was perfect for picking through linen boxes, glassware and admiring the old cottages with their cute little garden theme. There was all kinds of goodies but I did not find any garden junk for my secret garden. I did come home with lots of linens, porcelain oil funnel, vintage round eye glasses, vintage spoons, seashell buttons, some rusty iron junk and a very cute rusty watering can. I think we are going again next month too. I can't wait!   I did work on my gardens but it was mostly cleaning up the plants after the cold snaps we had, dividing the mondo grass and some spring fertilizing.  Have a great Sunday....
Hugs...Sylvia

10 comments:

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Sylvia
Sounds like you had a great day browsing through all the pretties.
I live about ten miles from the big Round Top/Warrenton show and it is next week. Can not wait to put on my hat and walk for miles just taking everything in that I would love to buy. lol
Have you come by and entered by Paula Dean giveaway yet. Be sure and do so it ends April Fools Day.
Have a great week
Maggie

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Sounds like a really fun day!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Wish I could go there, looks like you found a few treasures.

hugs
Sissie

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Those spoons look lovely! Glad you enjoyed your day!

Sherri said...

Love the buckets, spoons and some of that old furniture! Wowsers! Looks like great finds and fun.

Anonymous said...

What a fun flea market. I see some stuff I want to buy.

The Smith Hotel said...

Wow! Looks like a really fun place to shop! Love those spoons!

Jody

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

What a wonderful place to pick through!! I like the spoons!

deb said...

Glad you had a great hunting day. I'm hoping to head to our flea market in a bit...it's on Tuesdays here...kinda weird and inconvenient too. Don't get there as much as I would like
*hugs*deb

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

This show sounds like a really good one..maybe one day! Thanks for the pic of those awesome vintage black shoes...I almost forgot that I have a pair:) Thanks also for coming to my NTT party!

Blessings,
Linda