Thursday, January 13, 2011

Movies, seashells and jewelry


Do you ever have one of those days when you have the whole day to yourself and all
you want to do are your favorite things? A "ME" day... That's what I am doing today...I felt the need to play at home! I have been taking things down, hanging things up, moving
furniture from one room to another...just plain re-decorating I guess....
My fireplace, which we never use...I layered three textures...a piece of lattice on the inside of the hearth. A
vintage white, chippy, wooden frame window at the entrance with an iron fireplace screen.
What do you think?



Yes...I even played with vintage jewelry and seashells...I
thought it would be a fun and romantic look for Valentines Day.

I gotta tell you...I did have a hard time cutting a rhinestone
necklace for this project..haha

Yesterday's finds at the thrift store...I am a sucker
for those old Victoria magazines and the lining
of the carry on case is in mint shape too!


A fellow thrifter was looking through these movie reels and I was surprised when
he passed them up!!!  Being the junk collector that I am...I swooped in and grabbed them all for $15.00!
Even my husband was excited to see them..hahaha..(doesn't happen often with my finds)

We'd like to place them against a wall in the t.v. room but we need to figure out how.
 Any suggestions?


My glass witch ball...they are so pretty!

I hope you have a "ME" day and get to do lots of
fun things at home.

It's been so long since I've joined Leigh over at Tales from Bloggeritaville. I am linking up
to her Thrifty Thursday get together...there is sooo much eye candy...I can't wait to go
and visit.

Hugs...
Sylvia

4 comments:

Sandy said...

The fireplace is a masterpiece! What a great idea, the layering of different items to create such and interesting and textured look. Decorating is my passion too... I just can't help myself..I call it "putting and placing"..I'll wander around the house just moving things till the cows come home. Thanks for sharing...very enjoyable. Please come over and visit me... and, be my new friend.
Have a wonderful weekend. xoso Sandy O

Rose @ Confessions of a Curbshopaholic said...

Hi Sylvia,
Linda from Coastal Charm said to tell you Hi! I popped in to tell you I love how thoughtful you were to send Linda that perfect little sign.

I love "me" days too, they are a rare luxury around here and as such I take great pleasure in them whenever I do get one.
Your layered fireplace is charming! And I love those movie reels too. How fortunate for you that the other guy passed them up. Can't wait to see how you use them.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Sylvia,
Coming by with a BIG thank you for the gift that you sent me...I LOVE IT!!!! I see that some ofmy friends have found you and that makes me happy...thanks again and be sure to come by and see my post about YOU:)

Blessings,
Linda

Jeanne said...

Me days are great. I find blogging makes me have more me days... Especially when I rearrange my hutch.

http://jeanneselep.blogspot.com/2010/10/furniture-treasure-2010.html