Saturday, January 1, 2011

YoYo quilt

HAPPY NEW YEAR.....

Did you have a good New Years Eve?
We went out to dinner than straight home since we don't
like to drive on this special night.
My dh and I kep dozing off during the Twilight Zone episodes and only
made it till 12:15 am....hahaha...pretty quiet and boring at my house...hahahaha


As I was digging through my linen closet, trying to find
something pretty to put out for Valentines day, I came across


this old vintage Yo-Yo quilt that I've had
stored away for years.

When we moved I could not part with it...kept thinking
I'd replace and re-sew some of the yoyo's...but...

It's never happened...so this year I placed
it on top of my curio cabinet to enjoy.

Some of the yoyo pieces are disintegrating when I move 
it around too much.

Someone spent hours and hours making this beautiful
twin bedspread. Did she lovingly create this

for her little one? Are these yoyo pieces from
her little ones blouses and dresses?
Ohhhh...if it could only talk

and share those memories.

I apologize for so many pictures...I got a new D3100 DSLR camera and I am having so much fun
with it.

Hugs...Sylvia

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sylvia,

Happy New Year to you and your family!
My boys went to a party yesterday. We stayed up till 02.00 and had just gone to bed when the phone rang. One of the boys had taken the wrong bus and had to be picked up by car. You can imagine that my husband was really happy! But we have always told them they can call us ANYTIME and we are happy that we can have confidence that they do when there is a problem.

free indeed said...

Our newyear's eve was even more boring than yours ha! I was in bed by 8;30..been nursing a head cold, so very drowsy!
I am hoping to make a yoyo table cloth this year...I've been putting it off for 2 years now...I think they are lovely!

Serendipity Chic Design said...

What BEAUTIFUL colors....

You had mentioned in a comment to me that you are hesitant to paint furniture. I say go for it! You are clearly a girl of color!

Thanks for stopping by my blog...

Take care,
Lisa

Jane said...

Hi Sylvia,
Love the quilt! I agree with you...it would wonderful to know the history of the quilt. It's a beautiful quilt and I'm glad you have it out to enjoy.
Have fun with your new camera.
Jane