Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Re-finish and Re-upholster

When I came across this dresser today
I was immediately drawn to it.
Could it be that it's red


or that every drawer has a lock hardware

or is it this beautiful
dovetail work. I've never
seen dovetail like this before.

I did laugh at their attempt to lock
the top drawer for private reasons.

What ever the reason is who cares.
All I know is it needs re-finishing BAD but....
I so love the color...

My flea find is this cute
Victorian (???) chair for
dirt cheap!
It does need re-upholstering.

You may not hear from me for awhile since
I have 3 projects to start and finish!
ACK!!!

Hugs...Sylvia

5 comments:

Susie~From My Home To Yours said...

Looks like you have a good 'junkin' day! I do see potential in the dresser....pretty cool! I like the chair too....can't wait to see the finished product!
Blessings,
Susie

Anonymous said...

I love your flea finds. They are really beautiful! We are renovating the house, so no projects here for the time being. I am sitting in an almost empty living room right now!

My jewelry set: I don't know exactly what sort of stone it is. I bought it in a webshop in Turkey.

Have a wonderful day,

Natacha

Ruffles n Raspberries said...

Wow! Both pieces you found are awesome! Can't wait to see the transformation!!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Nice finds and they will look wonderful redone.

Enjoy the process.

FlowerLady

bellefleur said...

I too have a chest of drawers with that kind of joinery. I researched it and learned it is called "Pin and Cove" and was used in the late 1890's and early 1900's, according to "The Harp Galery" You made a great find! ( I love the pink!)