Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Pretties and Project done!

A quick stop at the
thrift store...looking for
scraps of material to
re-do a chair cushion.


 I found these 4 sweet Arzberg
tea cups. They are German made...
very sweet!


My eye was drawn to this wooden frame
with it's pretty embellishment...I
didn't notice the watercolor until
in line to pay. lol


 A mouth watering book is what
this is!
Currier and Ives has such pretty
prints...


 La Gitana...The Gypsy...


 Watching a ball game...mmm...one
of our favorite activities
in the summer.


Beautiful ladies...


Oh yea, the scraps of material...

I didn't find any but
did find this colorful
canvas curtain.
Silly me thought that this would be
a piece of cake project. HA!
(Sam, our dog)

I never thought re-doing rounded
edges could be so hard.
After trying over and over again,
I actually went to an Upholstery
store so that they could show
me how to finish round edges.

Sorry that I have no pictures
but it was me against the cushion,
mano a mano!


Several million staples
later...

A challenge for sure but
the chair is very comfy and
colorful.

Life IS Good.
Sylvia

2 comments:

Our Hopeful Home said...

What great finds! I love the pictures. And the cushion, well, I've heard how hard it can be doing round cushions/pillows. Kudos to you! It looks fabulous!

xoxo
Kathleen

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Good job on the chair, I don't think I have ever done a round corner either.

PS:Looks like you have a wolf in your yard!

Carol